If yes, then you’re preparing using the right resources!
There must be a couple of questions that must be running in your mind: How should you prepare for UPSC prelims in 100 days? How should you strategize? What are the books you should read to get the maximum advantage? How should you practice with the mock exams? How can you prioritize your time?
Action Plan for Prelims: Day 1 – Day 3
• Make a timetable, which suits your requirement. We suggest an idea which has 9-hours dedicated to studies a day . If you dedicatedly study for 9 hours, make sure that you give 1 hours to every subject for revision. Once you are through the subjects, you can dedicatedly give 2 hours to clear the exam.
• Make sure notes and mind maps, if you come across a difficult concept. Make sure that you revise what you have reached the previous day every 15 minutes before you start for the next day.
• Keep the weekends for revision of textbooks and revision of mock exams.
• Taking one 1 mock exam each day means that you will cover all 40 mock exams in 40 days!
• And you have enough time, you can also take 2 mock exams /day and that will help you cover 40 mock exams in 20 days! With this, you will be able to learn 4000+ questions and 4000+ important concepts and that would make a big difference.
Action Plan for Prelims: Day 31 – Day 60
• Avoid spending too much time on any other resources other than what we discussed above, as you might be confused and will start forgetting the things that you have already prepared.
• Don’t spend more than 1 hour on news reading.
Action Plan for Prelims: Day 61 – Day 90
• Keep analyzing your progress and mistakes
• Keep improving with each mock test.
• Revise our NCERT based mock exams again. Whenever you need a reference, you can go back and read the corresponding portion that is provided in the NCERT books.
• Rather than focusing on just giving the mock exams, make sure that you spend sufficient time on analyzing the results, learning, and checking your performance reports.
Action Plan for Prelims: Day 91 – Day 100
• In the final 10 days, you should be doing the following:
• Revise Mock Exams, UPSC Question Papers, and your notes
• Finish and revise all Clear Prelims Online Mock Exams in your account.
• Attempt and revise previous year UPSC questions.
• Revise the notes that you already made for Prelims.
• Avoid going behind new materials or mock questions, and focus on the recommended items that we discussed above.
• Focus on the core areas so that you can answer the maximum questions. (For example, Executive/Legislature/Judiciary in case of Indian Polity, Maps in the case of Geography, etc.)