If you are looking for healthy drinks for teenagers and toddlers, you may find it overwhelming with the endless options in stores. There are aisles dedicated to kids’ health drinks in supermarkets. So, the real question is how to choose a drink that is suitable for your little one and why do you need to include a child nutrition drink in his or her diet.
Why are Health Drinks necessary?
Children have extremely busy schedules these days with their schoolwork and extra-curricular activities. Getting them to eat multiple meals and snacks in a day to fulfill their nutritional requirements can be a challenge for parents. Added to that, some kids are also fussy eaters, making it harder for you to plan a nutritious meal. Here are some reasons why a health drink like Supermilk Teen Athletes 13+ years should be included in your child’s diet:
- They can be consumed on the go. All you need to do is mix them with milk or any other beverage of your choice and drink up.
- With a good health drink for kids, you have a calculated and concentrated amount of all the vital nutrients that your child needs.
- Children’s health drinks contain nutrients based on the age group that they are designed for.
- Healthy drinks for teenagers and toddlers come in great flavours, making them more palatable to fussy eaters.
How to Choose Health Drinks for Your Child
There are some factors to consider when you are choosing a protein drink for kids. These factors ensure that it is healthy for your little one to consume these drinks on a daily basis.
- Check the primary ingredient: You can choose between a malt-based drink and a milk-based drink. The allergy factor plays an important role in the choice that you make. If your child is allergic to gluten, the former is ideal while the latter is a better choice for kids who are lactose intolerant.
- Make sure you read the nutrient chart: With every child nutrition drink, you get a detailed label on the packet which gives you a list of ingredients. If you find that the number of ingredients is more than 15, it is not a suitable choice. This indicates that the drink contains several preservatives that can be harmful to your little one.
- The sugar content matters: All these drinks contain added sugar. Some of them like Supermilk Teen Athletes 13+ years derive the sugar from natural sources. They are the obvious choice. You must also look at the placement of sugar on the nutrition chart. If it is in the middle of the chart, it is a better option for your child.
- It should be age-appropriate: The best health drink for a 6-year-old is not always the best one for an older child. This is because the amount of each nutrient is calculated based on the average daily required intake value for the age group. Therefore, it is necessary to consider the age group when you are choosing the best health drink for kids.
Health Benefits of Health Drinks
There are several health benefits of including a health drink in your child’s diet:
- They make a good protein drink for kids which helps them recover faster and also supports growth.
- The vitamins and minerals in these drinks act as immune boosters for kids.
- The best health drink for kids in India is fortified with calcium and vitamin D3. This contributes to stronger and healthier bones.
- With the best health drink for kids, you will also find added DHA which is a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. It improves the development of brain cells and sharpens memory.
- The calorie intake increases with the best health drink for kids in India, giving your child an endless supply of energy.
Whether you are looking for the best health drink for 6 years old or older, you will only get the results that you want when your child is on a healthy diet. Make sure that you include enough fresh produce and basic food groups to enhance the effect of these drinks as a source of energy and immune booster for kids.