When you learn to play the piano, you often can’t wait to throw yourself headlong into studying and performing certain beloved pieces. Sometimes, a parent or a boy decide respectively to have them learn to play the piano and study piano precisely because they are in love with some pieces.
Who among us, once in a lifetime, hasn’t sighed at the idea of being able to play In the Moonlight or For Eli Eli?
But the reality faced by those who start playing the piano is often far from allowing, immediately, the exception of famous pieces. These, in fact, especially when dealing with classic or romantic works, is generally quite difficult. And it is quite difficult to be able to study them to play them correctly right away.
Usually, a good music teacher will recommend waiting, training on something else. If the student who learns to play the piano is very gifted, then the teacher may decide to let him read – as a reward – a few bars of the beloved piece. And in fact, by repeating it over and over again, although the general level has not yet reached that given level of complexity, the student well “assisted” by the willing teacher will be able to satisfy their desire. Will he be able to learn to play some parts on the piano, some lines of the famous piece he adores. The rest of the score will be postponed until later, to a phase of greater maturity and autonomy of the student. Or, with great zeal, he will try, between one exercise and another, to continue with the discovery of some other measure. Once you have found the method…!
To help their pupils in this “antipathetic” enterprise, some teachers can personally make simplifications – by breaking down some agreements that are too large for the size of the hand, for example, or by simplifying the required “services” here and there – or find and buy some simplified scores.
We are rather from the party of … “try if you can”, but with the original score! However, understanding the impatience that often takes young budding pianists, but also adults who choose to learn to play the piano, we give you some indications on simplified piano pieces.
Here is the Digital Piano for Beginners you might be interested in.
Briefly, below, we discuss the accessibility of the disappeared.
- It may be useful and necessary to make a score more accessible.
- Some pieces are in fact indecipherable and illegible, especially as they contain substitute chords, which one can do without, at least as regards the assimilation phase of the piano pieces.
- Simplifying the piece, i.e. finding a simpler piano arrangement, may be necessary if the person has recently started playing the instrument: to adapt to the level of the pianist, the piece is polished.
- It is also advisable to know the piece perfectly and listen to it several times in order to simplify it.
- While active listening, recognize the chord notes of the song and play them on the piano.
- This exercise makes you progress quickly, especially when you are starting and learning to play the piano.
- Identify the chords of the song and then master the sequence at the correct time.
- When we try to decipher a song, we first look for the chords.
- That is to say, we look for the first note of each chord, called the “root”.
- This constitutes a fundamental point of reference for the distinction of agreements.
- Then, the pianist will look for the third and fifth, if a minor or major chord is to be played, if there is a seventh or ninth note …
- Simplifying a piano piece therefore implies knowing the music theory and the framework of a chord.
- If you’ve worked with dexterity, however, you should be able to put together chords and arpeggios.
- Learning the piano and knowing how to compose a piece
- Here are some tips for becoming a piano composer:
- Learn about music theory and have a creative mind.
- Having solid technical rudiments on the piano: it is not composed when you are a beginner.
- It is necessary to know how to chain all the chords, master the inversions, the rhythm breaks, the nuances.
- Furthermore, composition requires a good musical culture to know the styles of the piano.
- Learning solfeggio means integrating a language spoken by the composer musician.
- The composition on the piano stimulates the imagination and creativity.
- Use the metronome to enter the beats. It is disturbing because we only feel the pulses when we have moved away from time …
Get an idea of the rhythmic nature of the song you want to create: do you want to do a waltz or a binary song?
Providing guide chords allows you to “embroider” between the different salient points of the measure, but to preserve the soul of the music composed.
- Choose the right mode. Minor chords or arpeggios will give your piano a melancholy dynamic.
- Conversely, the major chords will make your composition a rather joyful and upbeat song. It is up to you to also see according to the written words and their message.
- Choose chords that work well together: If the person playing the piano switches from minor chords to a major chord, the music is likely to appear dissonant.
- This work done previously is necessary to establish the way of playing: with plated chords or arpeggios.
- Last trick to become an established composer: it is very important to record improvisations. Leave a trace of your creations.
With the help of a microphone and music software, make several recordings and let yourself be carried away by your “sensations”.
The trick is to write the scores of your creations.
But, considering the beauty of this instrument, the game is worth the candle!