If you are not getting some of the received Facebook messages in your inbox. Then should be your Facebook messages are in the other hidden location or folder. It’s because Facebook has various storage folders for storing the messages rather than the main folder. Now day to day, Facebook has developed many new features and updates that make it easy and secure. This is the main reason for hidden messages on Facebook. So, the question arises How to Unhide Facebook Messages on Facebook messenger or on Facebook web version?
Now here, you are read to know about how to unhide Facebook messages on the Facebook Messenger App in Android, iOS devices, and on Facebook Web Version.
How To Unhide Chat or messages In Facebook Messenger On iPhone And Android
The process of unhiding the chat messages in Facebook Messenger on the iPhone and Android devices is totally identical. However, Facebook has two message folders to deliver the messages to you from your friend list, and the people you do not know. First of all, there is a “Message Requests” folder to point to you the messages of the people you are not connected as a Facebook friend. And the second one is a “spam” folder if the message sender looks to be promoting something or the messages send by those users which appears as spam, Facebook separates those messages in your spam inbox as doesn’t put within the “Message Requests” folder.
Here’s some steps to find the “Message Requests” and “Spam” messages on the facebook messenger for iPhone and Android:
1. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone and Android devices.
2. Find a chat icon circle on the top left of the Messenger with your profile picture in the center.
3. Tap on that chat icon circle that comes with your profile picture.
4. You will now see a variety of options ranging from the dark mode to the people, and settings. On the second of the options (just below the dark mode), you will see the “Message Requests” option.
5. Tap on “Message Requests”. Now you will find two divided parts. The left side features the messages marked with “You May Know” and the messages of the other side with “Spam”. You can tap on both to see the messages. That’s how to unhide Facebook messenger chat on iPhone and Android devices.
6. However, note that the sender of any messages that come in “Message Requests” will not know if you have seen his/her messages until you reply. So, you can either reply to the messages or delete those if you wish.
How to Unhide Facebook Messages on Facebook Web Version
If you are using Facebook from your PC, laptop, or tablet on the web version of the browser, the way of unhiding the Facebook messages on the Facebook web version is way different from the Facebook apps version. In this case, the finding of “Message Requests” is pretty easy. Here are the steps that will help you to find the hidden Facebook Messages on the web version of Facebook:
1. Open any browser like Chrome or Firefox on your device.
2. Open Facebook Web version in the browser and log in to your Facebook account.
3. Tap on the menu on the top to find the messages icon with the label “messages” on it. Click on that.
4. Now, here you will get submenus – first “Recent Messages” on the left and second one “Message Requests” option beside the recent messages.
5. Click on the “Message Requests”, Now, you can see all the hidden Facebook messages that are received from the people who do not belong to your Facebook friend list.
Other Option to Unhide Facebook Messages on Facebook Web Version
Follow the steps given below to unhide Facebook Messages on the Facebook web version:
1. Open your browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.
2. Go to the URL bar and type “facebook.com” on then press enter and log in your Facebook account.
3. On the top menu, find the “Messages” icon that appears right after the friend requests the menu tab.
4. Once you click on the “Messages” icon, you will see the regular messages. But, if you look below, you will see that there four links below the regular messages to let you find other messages that you cannot generally find on recent messages. Here you can get the “See All in Messenger” link and click on it.
5. Now, you can reach the “All in Messenger” page where you can see all your friend’s messages list.
6. Now, If you want to read the hidden Facebook messages or chats then click on the “Setting” tab and then click its submenu “Hidden Chats“.
7. Now you can able to read all hidden messages or you can easily unhide all messages.
Things to Remember
As Facebook brings people of all kinds together, it is not unusual for you that you might receive messages from the people who are not connected to your Facebook with a bond of friendship. There might have some important messages for you on the message requests folder for you to read. That’s why you should often check your message requests. However, be careful when you accept the message requests and continue the chat by replying. There might be some people with malicious intent to harm you with links that contain malware and virus. We recommend you not to click on links sent by someone you do not know.
When it comes to spam messages, Facebook marks the messages as spam because there are enough reasons for Facebook to identify those as spams. You do not need to check spams.
No matter what type of device you are using, you can always find your hidden messages easily whenever you want. I hope, this article has helped you to know how to unhide Facebook messages from the messenger app on Android, iOS, and the web version of Facebook.