Is mywifiext a local web address? Is it not a regular website on the internet? How mywifiext.net is used for the new extender setup? If you are also having such queries in mind, you have come to the right post. Here, all your queries will be answered! Continue reading.
What is Mywifiext?
Mywifiextnet is the default web address. It especially used to set up and configure your WiFi range extender with great ease. Its domain has three variations: mywifiexts.net (universal web address), mywifiextt.com (for Windows OS), and mywifiext.local (for MAC OS X and iOS).
Various Functions of Mywifiext Setup Page
It is known to all that www.mywifiext.net is a web user interface. It meant to set up and configure a wireless extender. However, along with this, it also has various other functions which most of the users are not aware of. Let’s see what are these functions:
- Update the firmware version of router and extender which results in improved internet speed.
- Keep a check over the downloading as well as uploading speed.
- Change the password of your WiFi network.
- Mac cloning can also be done.
- Used for port triggering and port forwarding.
- Monitor the connected devices to your network.
- Enable or disable ‘One WiFi Name’ feature which allows your extender to make use of the same settings as that of your router.
- Change the WiFi speed as per your convenience.
- Add a WPS-enabled device to your extender’s wireless network.
- Deny the network access to particular WiFi devices and PCs depending on their MAC addresses.
Steps to Log in to Mywifiext
- Turn on your WiFi range extender.
- Launch a web browser like Chrome or Firefox.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You landed on the new extender login web page.
- Enter the username and password.
- Hit Log In.
Settings to Explore on Mywifiext.net Dashboard
Once you are on the extender dashboard, go to the wireless settings section. Here, you can change the SSID and passphrase for your network.
Static IP Address
By default, the extender comes with a dynamic IP address. You can change it by clicking on settings > use static IP address radio button.
With this setting, you can enable the extender to use a similar WiFi network name for both frequency bands namely 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
WiFi Radio Settings
Don’t want others to access your extender’s network without your permission? If so, just disable the WiFi radios through the settings menu.
Mywifiext Not Working?
- Your WiFi range extender is turned on.
- Use only www.mywifiext.net local web address for MAC or iOS devices.
- Cross-check all the cable connections. They must be finger-tight and precise.
- The extender’s LEDs should be visible in solid green.
- Keep the extender in a neat and clean area in your home or workplace.
That’s all you need to know about mywifiext. Hopefully, you have found a satisfactory answer to queries you might have in your mind.