Maruti Swift has proven to be a popular car, one that stood out among the hatchback segment of affordable vehicles. And now a tweaked, new version of the Maruti Swift is here. The new Maruti Swift comes with improved features that make it more premium but affordable. So, what is different in the new Maruti Swift? Let’s give you a glimpse of all the new features that the new Maruti Swift now offers.
Sporty and Trendy Looks
The new Swift ZXI+AGS, 2021 model has a dual-toned transformed exterior body and bears a very sporty look that makes it visually more appealing. The front fascia is classy, with a striking grille. The old model had staid horizontal lines on the grille; the new variant comes with a cross mesh pattern and a svelte chrome bar running along its centre. The body-coloured bumpers add to the new variant’s style quotient.
Additionally, the car has:
- LED high mounted stop lamps
- LED rear combination lamps
- LED projector headlamps with DRLs,
- Precision cut two-tone alloy wheels
- Auto foldable ORVM
The interior of the car is equally chic, with the cabin tailored for a fantastic driving experience. Keeping with the design, the front seats are designed to be sporty and complement the Maruti Swift’s overall look.
The steering wheel is leather-wrapped for ease of comfort, and the control panel includes a multi-information display unit. The car has a cruise control option for comfortable long-distance driving. The new Maruti Swift’s petrol variant is fitted with an Auto Gear Shift system and Automatic Climate Control.
The car comes installed with Smartplay Studio, a hi-tech entertainment system that is loaded with hi-tech features. The Smartplay is a smart infotainment system that can be linked with the cloud. It helps with navigation and provides multimedia support. It offers a myriad of features that magnify the whole driving experience. It takes the in-car entertainment system to an all-new level. The car also has a front dome lamp.
The Maruti Swift ZXI+AGS model is packed with comfort and convenience features:
- Adjustable Front Seat Headrests
- Adjustable Rear Seat Headrests
- Automatic Climate Control
- Auto Down Power Window (Driver Side)
- Auto Headlamps (lead me to vehicle/follow me home)
- Auto Up Power Window (Driver Side)
- Central Door Locking
- Cruise Control
- Door Ajar Warning Lamp
- Driver Side Foot Rest
- Electrically Adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors
- Electromagnetic Back Door Opener
- Electrically Foldable Outside Rear View Mirrors ( Key Sync)
- Engine Push Start-Stop Button with Smart Key
- Front Accessory Socket
- Gear Position Indicator
- Headlamp On Reminder
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat
- Low Fuel Warning Lamp
- Luggage Room Lamp
- Power & Tilt Steering
- Power Windows (Front + Rear)
- Rear Defogger
- Rear Parcel Shelf
- Rear Wiper & Washer
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- 60:40 Split Rear Seat
Safety and Security
The latest version of the Maruti Swift is designed with enhanced safety features. It comes with Electronic Stability Control (ESP) that prevents skidding and better control of the vehicle. Dual airbags for the driver and front passenger seats ensure passenger safety during crashes. It is also equipped with ABS and EBD giving drivers better steering control in adverse braking situations. A reverse parking sensor with a camera allows easy reversing and parking.
The Maruti Swift boasts of several high-level safety and security features:
- ABS with EBD and Brake Assist
- Day and Night Adjustable Inside Rear View Mirror
- Dual Front Airbags
- Engine Immobilizer
- ESP with Hill Hold Assist
- Front Fog Lamps
- Front Seat Belts with Pre-Tensioner and Force Limiter
- High-Speed Alert System
- IsoFix with Child Seat Anchorages
- Pedestrian Protection Compliance
- Pinch Guard Power Window (Driver Side)
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Reverse Parking Sensors
- Seat Belt Reminder & Buzzer (Driver & Co-Driver Side)
- Security Alarm System
- Speed-Sensitive Automatic Door Lock
The new variant is longer than its predecessor by a marginal 0.5 mm, while the current model has a length of 3845 mm, whereas the previous model was 3840 mm. All other dimensions remain the same; the height (unladen) is 1530 mm and the width is 1735 mm. The car has a boot space of 268 litres.
Engine and Fuel
The new Suzuki has a powerful engine. The hatchback is equipped with a basic 1.2 litre 4-cylinder petrol engine, but with changes in the internal mechanism. It comes with an advanced K series dual jet, dual VVT engine, with an idle start-stop function.
The car has a fuel capacity of 37-litres. With the start-stop feature, the new-improved engine enables a higher fuel-efficiency in both the manual and AMT versions. The manual variant delivers 23.20 km/l, while the AMT model gives 23.76 km/l. The older model delivered just 21.21 km/l, so the 2021 model is an improvement in fuel efficiency.
The Maruti Swift price in Kerala is starting from Rs. 5.73 lakhs for the LXI variant to Rs. 8.27 for the ZXI+AMT, top-spec, model.
Maruti Swift 2021 Colours
The new Maruti Swift is available in these stunning colours:
- Pearl Metallic Lucent Orange
- Metallic Magna Grey
- Metallic Silky Silver
- Pearl Arctic White
- Pearl Metallic Midnight Blue
- Solid Fire Red