Railway RRB Group D exam is conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Mechanical, Electrical, and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Level-I posts in other Indian Railways departments. The selection process of this exam has three stages, a computer-based test, a physical efficiency test, and document verification. A candidate needs to clear all three stages to getting selected in this group D recruitment drive. There are a lot of candidates that appear for this exam making it very competitive and one of the main reasons for different RRB groups d cut off every year. In this article, we will cover the details about the group D exam like RRB group d application status, Application Process, Exam Dates, Fee, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and more.
Online Application Process for RRB Group D
To apply for the RRB Group D exam, the candidates are required to fill an online application form which is available on the RRB official website. The steps to apply for the RRB Group D exam online are given below:
- Visit the official website of RRB in the respective region.
- Click on the “Recruitment Notification link of Railway Group D”.
- Carefully read all the given instructions and click on the “Apply Online button”.
- If applying for the first time and not registered before, select “New Registration”.
- Fill up all the required details such as personal, academic details, and contact details.
- Upload scanned photo and signature in the asked format and size.
- Make the RRB Group D application form fee payment
- Recheck the filled information and submit the RRB Group D application form.
- For future reference, take the printout of the form.
The process to Check the Application Status
If you wish to check whether your application is successfully submitted or not, you can follow the steps below to check your application status.
- Go to the official RRB website
- Select the applied region
- Enter your RRB grade D Registration number & your date of birth
- Fill in the given Captcha
- Click ‘Login’
- Your RRB Grade D Application Status will be displayed on the screen
Exam Pattern – RRB Group D
The candidate must be aware of the group D exam pattern. It will help them to understand the exam better and make a study plan accordingly. The RRB Group D selection process has three stages: Computer Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), and the final stage are Document Verification (DV).
Preparation Tips for the RRB Group D Exam
Since the RRB Group D syllabus is vast, the exam preparation can be very exhaustive. The aspirants of the Railway Group D exam must follow some of these preparation tips mentioned below. It will be of great help for candidates in their exam preparation.
- Understand the RRB Group D Exam pattern thoroughly prepare better for the exam based on the concepts.
Knowing the exam pattern will help you get a rough idea of the topics that you will come across. You will also realize some of the important topics and concepts that you will need to focus more upon. Knowing the exam pattern will help you to know the marking scheme of different topics.
- Know the RRB Group D syllabus in detail
Once you know the detailed syllabus of the RRB Group D exam, you can divide all the important and scoring topics and give a little more attention to them while preparing for the exam. Knowing the syllabus will allow you to sort out the topics of different difficulty levels and make a study plan according to your learning pace.
- Make a proper study plan for the RRB Group D Exam
Having a proper study plan will help you to prepare better for the exam and manage the preparation time by covering more syllabus in less time. Time is a crucial aspect while preparing for any exam, you must make a study plan based on your learning pace and include the necessary breaks to learn more effectively. If you are someone that has an issue with studying for a longer duration, you can try to study for 25 minutes and take a 1-5 minutes break in between and repeat this during your study hours. This will help you to learn and focus better on your exam preparation.
- Solve RRB mock tests and past papers to get insight into the exam.
Mock tests and previous year papers will give you the much-required practice over different types of questions that can be asked in the exam. It will boost your confidence in solving exam-level questions and be well prepared for the exam. You will get hands-on experience in solving questions of all formats. These papers are set by the exam officials of RRB and therefore solving these papers will help you to know the type of questions asked in the exam.
We hope that you found this article on RRB Group D helpful. While preparing for the exam, be calm and positive. You must never panic before or during the preparation and the exam. Study well with complete dedication and you will surely do well in the exams.