Over the past several years, the phenomenal growth of social media has turned it into a great marketing platform for businesses. This trend has further been promoted by the various advertising options offered by individual channels each with unique features. Even though most businesses are fixated on using the advertisement options offered by Facebook and Instagram, LinkedIn is also catching up fast given the fact that it offers some of the best targeting options. One such targeting feature is the LinkedIn Insight tag, also referred to as LinkedIn tracking pixel or LinkedIn conversion pixel. It is similar to Facebook Pixel and Google Ads Conversion Tag and is used for tracking ad performance.
Learning More About The Insight Tag
Insight tag can simply be defined as a marketing tag that helps professionals from a social media marketing agency to measure the performance of the Ad campaigns designed for this social media channel. In more technical terms, it is a piece of code that webmasters need to install on every page of their website to enable LinkedIn to track the activities of a visitor directed to the site. The Insight Tag acts as the personalized tracking dart for every web page of a website and thus enables the social marketing professionals to create more effective ad campaigns based on the information gathered. It thus helps to eliminate any wastage of ad budget by focusing only on ads and campaigns that actually provide results.
Why Do Businesses Need The Insight Tag?
Since the time the concept of advertising first evolved, measuring its impact has formed a basic aspect of developing successful campaigns. Businesses using LinkedIn advertising for marketing their products and services, the Insight Tag provides a cost-effective and reliable way to measure the performance of their campaigns and identify the ones that are offering the best results. The tag enables businesses to track conversions and events and ensure that they are getting a positive ROI by tracking the cost per conversion. It also helps businesses to retarget lost leads and seemingly uninterested visitors by tracking their website interactions and working to improve optimization and analytics.
Creating And Adding LinkedIn Insight Tag To The Website
Even though the task of creating a LinkedIn Pixel is relatively simple, it is advisable to let the professionals offering digital marketing services in Gurgaon to handle the same. At the same time, knowing the below listed basic steps to complete the process can also come in quite handy.
· To create the Insight tag, log in to the LinkedIn campaign manager using the LinkedIn account.
· Next, click on Accounts Assets and then click the Insight Tag option and select the Install My Insight Tag option.
· Now, select the Manage Insight Tag followed by See Tag and then choose the “I Will Install the Tag Myself” option to see the code.
Copy the tag code and paste it on the backend of the website before the <body/>tag ends.
· Repeatedly paste the code on the global footer of every page of the website.
· To verify if the tag is working, go to the LinkedIn campaign manager, and select Accounts Assets.
· Click on the Insight Tag and check for the site name under the Tagged Domains option.
· Every time a LinkedIn user visits the site, the domain name will be “Active”.
Adding Conversion Tracking To The Insight Tag
Simply setting up the LinkedIn Insight Tag to track the general visitors to a website is not enough. It is equally important to add conversion tracking to the tag to gain information about which visitors make a purchase or turn into a lead after visiting the website. The steps to add conversion tracking to the Insight Tag are listed as follows.
· Go to the Campaign Manager and select Account Assets followed by Conversions.
· Select the Create A Conversion option and provide an appropriate name for it.
· Input the settings for the conversion in the form of Conversion type, Conversion value, Conversion window, and Attribution Model.
· Next, check the campaigns that the Conversion tracker should monitor.
· Choose the preferred conversion method and enter the site URL.
· Use the Boolean Rule to clearly specify what should be counted as a conversion (this step is optional).
· Finally, click on Create to add conversion tracking to the Insight Tab.
Creating Website Retargeting Lists
As mentioned before, the Insight Tag can help businesses to retarget lost leads by creating retargeting lists. The lists can also be used as target demographics for specific marketing campaigns. The steps to be followed for creating these lists are given below.
· Go to Campaign Manager and select Accounts Assets followed by Matched Audiences option.
· On the top right click the Create Audience option and then select the Website Audience option.
· Name the audiences and enter the URL of the site or the page to be retargeted.
· Finally click on Create to complete the process.
· Once 300 members have been generated, specific campaigns can be set up to reach specific audiences.